SOLAR GLASS - FAÇADE
Solar Glass refers to either Electrochromic technology which is an active technology or to Thermochromic and Photochromic technology which are passive.
Electrochromic glass’ control is a crucial element in office and industrial buildings with large glazed surfaces in the façade as well as in classical conservatories. Electrochromic control glass is an intelligent alternative to common shading solutions and provides plenty of daylight in conservatories and behind glass façades as well as a permanently unobstructed view to the outside. The amount of light transmitted by the glass can be flexibly adapted to the user's needs, according to the weather conditions.
Thermochromic Glass uses heat from direct sunlight to tint when necessary. As the sun moves across the sky, the Glass will cool and return to clear. At night or in cloudy conditions, when direct sun is not present, the Glass remains clear and allows as much day lighting as possible. Our Thermochromic Glass is very advanced, yet simplest, dynamic glass technology available.
PHOTOCHROMIC SELF TINTING SOLAR FILM
For the first time ever, we are proud to introduce the Self-Tinting Solar Film that is tinted based on LIGHT and not as exposure to temperature. The film blocks 99% of the UV harmful light and 80% of the IR.
The advantages of the film are most valuable for energy savings and providing comfortable space. The heat isolation enabled by blocking the UV and IR will reduce the cooling costs. The film tinting will make the space much more comfortable as it will cut the glare and strong light.
Installation of the Self-Tinting Solar Film is quite easy, no need for electricity, it is activated by the amount of light. It is perfect for Automotive and Architecture applications.
This film comes at two versions:
- Self-Adhesive to Stick on Existing Glass
The film blocks >99% UV and >80% IR as well as self-tinting / darkening upon sunlight. It becomes darker when sunlight strength getting stronger and get back to the starting point when sunlight is down. Glass with our Solar Tinted Film could lower the temperature by 12° degrees.
- Reducing heat and glare
- Saving on air conditioning and providing a calm environment.
- Unique technology
- No need electricity / wires
- Easy to install
- Color: Blue
- Transmission time < 1 minute
- UV Rejection - >99%
- IR Rejection - >80%
- VLT – we have 4 type levels: 75%, 50%, 35%, 25%. (i.e 25% is most darkest)
- Film Thickness – 0.05mm (2mil)
- Roll Width - 1520mm
- Roll Length - 30 meter
- Sticking Technique – wet stick
- Lead time – 2 weeks
- Warranty - 8 years
SUNTUITIVE THERMOCHROMIC GLASS
Suntuitive Thermochromic Glass, a self-tinting dynamic glass technology that darkens gradually and dynamically when heated by direct sunlight.
The core-of the Thermochromic Glass is a Thermochromic inter-layer for dynamic windows which lightens and darkens by itself – with absolutely no mechanical intervention – based on heat from direct sunlight. The more direct and intense the sunlight is on the window the darker it will become. The system maximizes natural daylight while minimizing heat gain. No wires, no controls and no power supplies. As part of a dynamic window system, Thermochromic can help manage a building’s changing needs for passive solar heat gain and natural daylight. All together this can lower costs associated with heating, air conditioning and artiﬁcial lighting. Thermochromic also provides all of the beneﬁts of a safety laminated window. Thermochromic puts the view back in windows again by reducing the need for shades, blinds and other devises that block vision.
Film & Glass Specifications
- Glass structure: IGU total standard thickness is 25mm, minimum thickness is 19mm structure is based on Thermo-chromic PVB based Interlayer of 1.2mm is laminated between two tempered glasses, Argon gas gap and a clear glass with low e coating.
- Glass Installation: Thermo-chromic glass installed as any regular glass
- Glass Weight: IGU 52Kg/m².
- Max. glass size: 1600mm by 3650mm.
- Thermo-chromic Film: in Roll format, 75 linear meter by 1.60m wide.
Optical and Thermal Specifications
- Visible Light Transmission (VLT): 54% to 8%.
- Temp Range: Most active tinting range is between 25C and 65C.
- SHGC: (Lightest/Darkest) 36% / 16%.
- UV Transmission: (Lightest/Darkest) 0% / 0%. Complete UV block.
- U-Value: 0.43 W/m²K
- Power consumption: Zero, non, it has no wires or electrical connections, it is activated by heat.
- Switching time: 20-30 minutes (between lightest and full tinting)
- Switching Method: Automatically via temperature.
- Lifetime: Over 20 years
- Warranty: 10 years, industry standard warranty.
Electrochromic Glass, a dynamic glass technology that darkens gradually upon light sensor or by electrical switch.
The transparency of glass opens up the transition between the inside of a building and the outside world. This is aesthetically desirable, but not energetically, as the solar radiation heats the room, especially in the summer months. The sunniest weather conditions have, until now, required the use of blinds, shutters and awnings thereby darkening the room. The switchable Solar Control Glazing Electrochromic allows for uninhibited views to the exterior while dramatically reducing glare and unwanted room heating.
- Glass structure: Double Glazed Unit (total 29mm) or Triple Glazed Unit (total 41mm).
- Glass Weight: Double Glazed 32Kg/m², Triple Glazed 43Kg/m².
- Max. glass size: 1350mm by 3300mm.
- Min. Frame Depth: 21mm to allow glass and wires to be covered by the frame.
- Glass Tint Levels: You can change between 5 different tint levels.
Optical and Thermal Specifications
- Visible Light Transmission (VLT): 55% to 10%.
- U Value: 1.1 W/m²K Double Glazed, 0.5 W/m²K Triple Glazed.
- SHGC: (Lightest/Darkest) 38% / 10% Double Glazed, 33% / 8% Triple Glazed.
- UV Transmission: (Lightest/Darkest) <1% / 0% Double Glazed, 0% / 0% Triple Glazed.
- Voltage: 24V for the unit control, 5V applied to the glass.
- Power consumption: Non, it is Bi Stable, change glass tint only by electrical pulse of 2 watt/m²
- Switching time: 20 minutes (between lightest and full tinting)
- Switching Method: Automatically via Light sensor, or manually.
- Lifetime: Over 20 years
- Warranty: 20 years on the IGU, 5 Years on the Electrochromic layer.