Solar Glass refers to either Electrochromic technology which is an active technology or to Thermochromic technology which is passive.
Electrochromic glass’ control is a crucial element in office and industrial buildings with large glazed surfaces in the façade as well as in classical conservatories. Electrochromic control glass is an intelligent alternative to common shading solutions and provides plenty of daylight in conservatories and behind glass façades as well as a permanently unobstructed view to the outside. The amount of light transmitted by the glass can be flexibly adapted to the user's needs, according to the weather conditions.
Thermochromic Glass uses heat from direct sunlight to tint when necessary. As the sun moves across the sky, the Glass will cool and return to clear. At night or in cloudy conditions, when direct sun is not present, the Glass remains clear and allows as much day lighting as possible. Our Thermochromic Glass is very advanced, yet simplest, dynamic glass technology available.
- Glass structure: Double Glazed Unit (total 29mm) or Triple Glazed Unit (total 41mm).
- Glass Weight: Double Glazed 32Kg/m², Triple Glazed 43Kg/m².
- Max. glass size: 1350mm by 3300mm.
- Min. Frame Depth: 21mm to allow glass and wires to be covered by the frame.
- Glass Tint Levels: You can change between 5 different tint levels.
Optical and Thermal Specifications
- Visible Light Transmission (VLT): 55% to 10%.
- U Value: 1.1 W/m²K Double Glazed, 0.5 W/m²K Triple Glazed.
- SHGC: (Lightest/Darkest) 38% / 10% Double Glazed, 33% / 8% Triple Glazed.
- UV Transmission: (Lightest/Darkest) <1% / 0% Double Glazed, 0% / 0% Triple Glazed.
- Voltage: 24V for the unit control, 5V applied to the glass.
- Power consumption: Non, it is Bi Stable, change glass tint only by electrical pulse of 2 watt/m²
- Switching time: 20 minutes (between lightest and full tinting)
- Switching Method: Automatically via Light sensor, or manually.
- Lifetime: Over 20 years
- Warranty: 20 years on the IGU, 5 Years on the Electrochromic layer.
- Gradually darken the the intensity of light
- Reducing the need for shades
- Utilizes heat from direct sunlight; completely off-the-grid
- System is durable and maintenance-free.
- Used with many other glass technologies
- Drastically reduces the solar heat gain allowed through the glass
- Preserving the environment
- Meets and exceeds California Title 24 codes
- Block 100% UV
- Bird-friendly glass