Solar Glass refers to either Electrochromic technology which is an active technology or to Thermochromic technology which is passive.
Electrochromic glass’ control is a crucial element in office and industrial buildings with large glazed surfaces in the façade as well as in classical conservatories. Electrochromic control glass is an intelligent alternative to common shading solutions and provides plenty of daylight in conservatories and behind glass façades as well as a permanently unobstructed view to the outside. The amount of light transmitted by the glass can be flexibly adapted to the user's needs, according to the weather conditions.
Thermochromic Glass uses heat from direct sunlight to tint when necessary. As the sun moves across the sky, the Glass will cool and return to clear. At night or in cloudy conditions, when direct sun is not present, the Glass remains clear and allows as much day lighting as possible. Our Thermochromic Glass is very advanced, yet simplest, dynamic glass technology available.
SELF TINTING SOLAR FILM
For the first time ever, we are proud to introduce the Self-Tinting Solar Film that is tinted based on LIGHT and not as exposure to temperature. The film blocks 99% of the UV harmful light and 80% of the IR.
The advantages of the film are most valuable for energy savings and providing comfortable space. The heat isolation enabled by blocking the UV and IR will reduce the cooling costs. The film tinting will make the space much more comfortable as it will cut the glare and strong light.
Installation of the Self-Tinting Solar Film is quite easy, no need for electricity, it is activated by the amount of light. It is perfect for Automotive and Architecture applications.
- Glass structure: Double Glazed Unit (total 29mm) or Triple Glazed Unit (total 41mm).
- Glass Weight: Double Glazed 32Kg/m², Triple Glazed 43Kg/m².
- Max. glass size: 1350mm by 3300mm.
- Min. Frame Depth: 21mm to allow glass and wires to be covered by the frame.
- Glass Tint Levels: You can change between 5 different tint levels.
Optical and Thermal Specifications
- Visible Light Transmission (VLT): 55% to 10%.
- U Value: 1.1 W/m²K Double Glazed, 0.5 W/m²K Triple Glazed.
- SHGC: (Lightest/Darkest) 38% / 10% Double Glazed, 33% / 8% Triple Glazed.
- UV Transmission: (Lightest/Darkest) <1% / 0% Double Glazed, 0% / 0% Triple Glazed.
- Voltage: 24V for the unit control, 5V applied to the glass.
- Power consumption: Non, it is Bi Stable, change glass tint only by electrical pulse of 2 watt/m²
- Switching time: 20 minutes (between lightest and full tinting)
- Switching Method: Automatically via Light sensor, or manually.
- Lifetime: Over 20 years
- Warranty: 20 years on the IGU, 5 Years on the Electrochromic layer.